Coronavirus has unfortunately stopped meetings and events in their tracks. Getting back to normal will take some time and events will look very different in the interim. Most businesses are already using different online platforms to connect with staff. Not knowing when large gatherings can take place again, companies are looking to Hybrid events to communicate with delegates and clients.
A hybrid event is an in-person event, which is also live-streamed to an “interactive” online audience.
Even after the travel ban is lifted, many people may feel uncomfortable about attending large gatherings. Hybrid events are the perfect way to keep people informed and are accessible to everyone even if they are having to shield. HotelRes has adapted to this new way, joining forces with ReAttendance, a virtual events platform allowing live and virtual delegates to have access to the same content. You can add bonus content online, giving live delegates access too.
What makes a hybrid event unique is that the online delegate gets to have the same level of interaction and engagement as the audience that is physically sitting at the event. Virtual delegates can be involved in the Q & As, be able to communicate with each other, send messages via social media and communicate with the sponsors and speakers.
HotelRes and our event management partners TR Global will work together to make sure your hybrid event is a success. From the online platform and the venue finding to recording equipment and safe recording studios we have put together a list of trusted suppliers.
Is the Future Hybrid?
While we were researching all the different platforms for virtual events to enable us to support our clients during lockdown we quickly realised that hybrid events could be the future.
Whilst the physical event business will bounce back, virtual events should not just be a backup plan. By combining the two in a hybrid event we can offer something new and exciting that can be viewed from anywhere in the world. Everyone can attend, interact and feel they are together. Hybrid events can save companies money on travel, accommodation and have a lower environmental impact.
Combine physical venues and live events with the virtual world to:
- Revive your events calendar without compromising on safety.
- Gain all the benefits of both virtual and live events.
- Expand your audiences and improve the reach of your event programme. Sell single day tickets to a live event and allow virtual access to missed content.
- Manage, publish and monetise your event content online, in conjunction with live ticket sales.
- Allow delegates access to your event content and message long after the live event finishes. To both new delegates and to refresh the memories of those that attended.
- Improve sustainability and reduce the carbon footprint of your event schedule.
- Companies can send their whole teams to a conference at a fraction of the cost, sending a representative to the Live event but buying online access for the others.